Thursday, April 23, 2009

Monograms Make Everything More Functional

When I was in high school, we spent our entire junior year learning how to write a research paper based on using note cards. We had to write an outline and take notes on 4x6 cards, marking the part of the outline to which the notes corresponded on the upper right hand corner.

Now that I've been writing my dissertation for six years or so, I keep thinking if I only had the right system, I could finish the thing this weekend. I have occasionally entertained the thought of transcribing all of my notes on little note cards, spreading them out in front of me, and imposing order on all of the information I have collected over the years. The idea of the note cards having my name printed along the top makes that an even more appealing waste of time. Hmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment