Saturday, August 1, 2009

Powell's Books Field Trip

I went to Portland for the first time a few weeks ago and, of course, I had to make the pilgrimmage to Powell's. It is truly a wondrous place! Despite my best intentions to just breeze through the place in an hour, I somehow lost 5 hours there. I don't even know how that's possible, because all I did was check to see if they had any books on or by Sri Aurobindo in anticipation of next month's trip to Auroville, India.

Anyway, I discovered that in addition to many, many books, Powell's has some pretty awesome office supplies. Below, please find some of my favorites, presented for your pleasure:



They had a variety of really beautiful legal pads.
















These are sets of beautiful post-it notes, designed by graphic artists.











OK--enough with the beautiful and on to the goofy!

















This is a HUGE post-it note pad in classic yellow. It was at least 18" square--big enough to be kitschy and small enough to be not super-useful....

No comments:

Post a Comment